Friday 11 April 2014

The grape cherubim




The grape cherubim
  
By: Salwa Farah

 

(The zeal of my longing has scorched the darkness...Oh Mother!)

...Like an orchid you float on my tears
In my lips blossoms a chrysanthemum
Your winter cinders are stuck in my eyelashes
The scent of your dust thaws my ice
I shall put the stars out
And bury my yearning in your bosom
...This is my night
From the mildew of your anemones I fill up the jars of my heart
The halo of hope I shall unearth from the glimmer in your eyes
And From your pulse I shall pluck the petals of desire
!! Oh, my God
I see your flowing aroma bleed
? Is it the arrows of death's shores
?Or a stab aboard the bridal's warship
?Why have the waters dried up in your lips
? Whereto have the gulls migrated
?Has the jasmine killed itself, oh Damascus
Oh, waves of change on the cheeks of the breeze
Don't cry
From the tumultuous depth of the sigh
Shall blossom your white lilies
And your weeds shall grow a hurricane-overwhelming light
,Under the shade of olive trees near the stream
On the threshold of bewilderment
I'm waiting
To kiss your wounds and water my palm trees
,So the clover takes a nap on my palm
And the butterflies soar
I shall then dance like a gull under the plaits of the sun
And snatch the cassia necklace
So that the grape cherubim flutter their wings over the dream grapevines






0 comments:

Post a Comment